Tuesday: 4 PM – 7 PM ( 10 weeks )
January 8 – March 12
Call us at 213-500-4665
Technical Painting: Oil Paint
The class explores the development of figurative paintings such as portraits, landscapes and still life.
Student develop painting skills and individual point of view. Students will paint in class.
- Oil Paint (Titanium White, Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Ultramarine blue, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Cadmium Red Medium. Ivory Black, Phthalo Green, Phthalo Blue)
- Brush (Robert Simon Signet Filbert size 2,4,6, Winsor & Newton University Short handle round 4,6,8)
- Palette, Palette knife
- Refined Linseed oil
- The master brush cleaner and preserver
- Brush Cleaning tank
- Sketch tool: Pencil, Eraser
- 14 and older
- 10 students
- Ideation on overall setting
- Visual weight balance
- Background: light, objects, negative space
- Understanding how to plan a basic construction of your work
- Proportion Study
Light and Shadow
- Color balance
- Light Composition
- Dynamic light setting
- Technical detail touch up
- Color Story
- Mood setting
- Planning how to finish
Course Cancellation: DE CORE reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment.
Such decisions will be made at least one week before the scheduled course date.
Registrants will be notified via email; DE CORE will make every effort will be made to avoid cancellations.
In case of a cancellation you will have the choice of registering for the next course date or receiving a refund for the full course fee.