Monday: 4 PM – 7 PM ( 10 weeks )
January 7 – March 11
Call us at 213-500-4665
Class is for beginning level students who are interested in pursuing a career in illustration and design. In this class, the instructor will not only teach students basic skills in drawing & composition, he will also expose students to various styles of image-making.
- 11” x 15” or 12” x 18” Watercolor Pad
- 0.5 Micron Tech pen (Sakura)
- Medium Ink Brush Pen (Kuretake)
- Ballpoint Pen
- 3B Pencils with Sharpener
- Vine Charcoal
- Kneaded Eraser
- Prismacolor Colored Pencil set
- Winsor & Newton Watercolor Pocket Box
- Size 6 Watercolor Brush (Synthetic Hair)
- Small Water Container
- iPad Pro with Procreate & Pen or Laptop with Photoshop & Tablet
- Scissor or X-Acto Knife with Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- 14 and older
- 10 students
Introduction to Line
- Understanding the concept of contrast
Introduction to Shape
- Re-designing the silhouette to visually stimulate the eye
- Concept of geometry
Introduction to Form
- Creating depth through overlapping & foreshortening
- Concept of light & shadow
Introduction to Composition
- Definition of composition
- Symmetrical vs. asymmetrical harmony
- Visual fluidity/rhythms
- Understanding the basic tools for composing
- Concept of tonal design
Course Cancellation: DE CORE reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment.
Such decisions will be made at least one week before the scheduled course date.
Registrants will be notified via email; DE CORE will make every effort will be made to avoid cancellations.
In case of a cancellation you will have the choice of registering for the next course date or receiving a refund for the full course fee.