Wednesday: 7:30 PM – 10:30 PM ( 10 weeks )
January 9 – March 13
Call us at 213-500-4665
Figure Drawing 2
This is an intermediate class for students with a working foundation of observational figure drawing that aims to develop a deeper understanding of the figure through analyzing anatomy, as well as provide more advanced rendering techniques in both traditional and digital mediums.
- Charcoal pencil and Prismacolor Pencil
- Laptop with Photoshop installed
- Wacom Tablet
- 14 and older
- 10 students
- Looking for rhythmic lines in the human figure
- Capturing the weight of the pose
Constructing/Designing the Figure & Understanding Form
- Re-shaping the silhouette to visually stimulate the eye
- Concept of contrast in line
- Concept of light & shadow
Analyzing Human Anatomy, Proportion, & Geometry
- Learning the basic skeleton & muscles of the arm, leg, head & torso
- Breaking things down into basic geometric shapes
Relating the Body with the Overall Composition
- Definition of composition
- Symmetrical vs. asymmetrical harmony
- Visual fluidity/rhythms
- Understanding the basic tools for composition
- Concept of tonal design
Course Cancellation: DE CORE reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment.
Such decisions will be made at least one week before the scheduled course date.
Registrants will be notified via email; DE CORE will make every effort will be made to avoid cancellations.
In case of a cancellation you will have the choice of registering for the next course date or receiving a refund for the full course fee.