Friday: 4 PM – 7 PM ( 10 weeks )
January 11 – March 15
Call us at 213-500-4665
Figure Drawing 1
Class is for beginning level students who are interested in pursuing a career in illustration and
fine art. In this class, the instructor will cover the essential principles to drawing the human
figure. Students will strengthen their drawing abilities by analyzing anatomy, proportion,
gesture, form, and composition.
- 18” x 24” Canson Sketch Pad
- 3B Pencils with Sharpener
- Progresso Woodless Colored Pencil (Burnt Sienna)
- Prismacolor Colored Pencil set
- 1 Small Bottle of Indigo Daler Rowney FW Acrylic Ink
- Size 6 Watercolor Brush (Synthetic Hair)
- Small Water Container
- 14 and older
- 10 students
- Looking for rhythmic lines in the human figure
- Capturing the weight of the pose
Constructing/Designing the Figure & Understanding Form
- Re-shaping the silhouette to visually stimulate the eye
- Concept of contrast in line
- Concept of light & shadow
Analyzing Human Anatomy, Proportion, & Geometry
- Learning the basic skeleton & muscles of the arm, leg, head & torso
- Breaking things down into basic geometric shapes
Relating the Body with the Overall Composition
- Definition of composition
- Symmetrical vs. asymmetrical harmony
- Visual fluidity/rhythms
- Understanding the basic tools for composition
- Concept of tonal design
Course Cancellation: DE CORE reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment.
Such decisions will be made at least one week before the scheduled course date.
Registrants will be notified via email; DE CORE will make every effort will be made to avoid cancellations.
In case of a cancellation you will have the choice of registering for the next course date or receiving a refund for the full course fee.