Wednesday: 4 PM – 7 PM ( 10 weeks )
January 9 – March 13
Call us at 213-500-4665
This is an introductory design class, meant to equip students with the basic skills and techniques needed to create a memorable cast of characters for the film and video games industries. Topics will include ideation, design consistency, and digital rendering techniques.
PREREQUISITES: Figure Drawing 1 or 2 and/ or a suitable portfolio submission
- Laptop ( Mac or Windows )
- Wacom Tablet and Mouse
- Photoshop should be installed on your laptop
- Pen / Pencil
- 14 and older
- 10 students
- Introduction to basic character design
- Learning how to gather reference images
- Building your visual narrative story
- Character dialogue
- Explore detail on character
- Silhouettes study
- Dynamic poses
- Context scenario
- Creating quality finish of renderings
- Presentable layout of character design
Course Cancellation: DE CORE reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment.
Such decisions will be made at least one week before the scheduled course date.
Registrants will be notified via email; DE CORE will make every effort will be made to avoid cancellations.
In case of a cancellation you will have the choice of registering for the next course date or receiving a refund for the full course fee.